Thursday, February 28, 2013

Altered and Personalized Canvas Bag


Hello! Here comes a mini canvas bag that was plain and dull, but look at it now! It's so colourful, bright and bold that it screams "take me and play with me".


First I personalized the bag to read "Raya's bag" using Silhouette heat transfer. To alter the bag I used Martha Stewart multi-surface acrylic craft paints and Martha Stewart's playroom stencils set. The set has 46 designs including many beautiful flowers, which I decided to try out first. It also has many images suitable for boys, so I will definitely use them in another project. 



After I applied the paint over the stencils and it dried, I started decorating the bag. I used brads, pearls, clay jewellery elements, a hand-made felt rose, sequins and a button, just anything fun and colourful that I could find in my stash. 


Finally, I outlined the images with a blue Copic marker and added some tulle.

Pretty girly, isn't it?

If you fancy having fun and playing with beautiful colours and stencils, you can find the Martha Stewart products now exclusively in Paperlane

Thank you for stopping by!

Lidiya